“It’s taken me all my life to learn what not to play.” ~ Dizzy Gillespie
Jazz Posters, T-Shirts, DVDs, CDs, MP3s. It's time to decorate your room with posters, prints, and photos featuring these Jazz Artists, among others: Billie Holiday, John Coltrane, Miles Davis, Thelonius Monk, Louis Armstrong, Charlie Parker, Max Roach, Cannonball Adderly, Dizzy Gillespie, Ella Fitzgerald, Dianne Reeves, Pat Metheny, Chick Corea, David "Fathead" Newman, Marian McPartland. Also available are Jazz t-shirts, CDs, DVDs, and MP3s.
Featured Jazz Artists
- Billie Holiday Posters, T-Shirts, CDs - Billie Holiday (April 7, 1915 - July 17, 1959), born Eleanora Fagan and later nicknamed Lady Day, was generally regarded as one of the greatest female jazz vocalists.
- Charlie Parker Posters, T-Shirts, CDs - Parker, with Louis Armstrong and Duke Ellington, is often considered one of the most influential of jazz musicians.
- Louis Armstrong Posters, T-Shirts, CDs - Coming to prominence in the 1920s as an innovative cornet and trumpet player, Armstrong was a foundational influence on jazz, shifting the music's focus from collective improvisation to solo performers.
- Ray Charles Posters, T-Shirts, CDs - Ray Charles brought a soulful sound to country music and pop standards through his Modern Sounds recordings.
- Ella Fitzgerald Posters, T-Shirts, CDs - With a vocal range spanning three octaves, she was noted for her purity of tone, faultless phrasing and intonation, and a "horn-like" improvisational ability, particularly in her scat singing.
- John Coltrane Posters, T-Shirts, CDs - Born in Hamlet, North Carolina, on September 23, 1926, John Coltrane grew up in racially segregated High Point. Shortly after he graduated from grammar school in 1939, his closely knit family was devastated by the deaths of the family patriarch Reverend William Blair.
- Dizzy Gillespie Posters, T-Shirts, CDs - Trumpeter and bandleader Dizzy Gillespie (Oct 21, 1917 - Jan 6, 1993), a true jazz giant, is known and respected as much for his personality and worldwide jazz promotion, as for his innovative contributions to modern jazz.
- Miles Davis Posters, T-Shirts, CDs - A master innovator, he was a primary force in the development of jazz from bebop through fusion. His concise, lyrical phrasing, introspective style, and boundless invention continue to influence jazz musicians throughout the world.
- Frank Sinatra Posters, T-Shirts, CDs - Beginning his musical career in the swing era with Harry James and Tommy Dorsey, Sinatra became a solo artist with great success in the early to mid-1940s, being the idol of the "bobby soxers".
Jazz Posters >>
All Music T-Shirts >>
Musical Instruments at Amazon
Copyright © 2004- by Ace Toscano. All rights reserved.